What are Rewards?
- A Reward is a dynamic dollar off discount, with an attached expiry date.
- Rewards can be earnt by doing (or not doing) any number of predetermined actions.
- Customers can have more than one Reward attached to their account at any given time.
- An individuals Reward balance is the sum of all unused and unexpired Rewards.
- Rewards do not need to be redeemed in the amounts they are issued in
- Customers can redeem their Reward balance however they see fit in-store or online although most brands prohibit the purchase of gift cards or shipping with Rewards
- If multiple Rewards make up a customers ‘Reward balance’, the one with the nearest expiry date will be deducted first.
How do Rewards work?
Reward definitions can be created and configured in the Omneo CX manager and grouped into Reward ‘Types’
Example Reward types include:
- Member Activation
- Join Anniversary
- Customer Service
- Lapse prevention
Public-facing Reward content such as imagery and descriptions for email templates or "My Account" page display is also defined in this interface.
Rewards can operate in isolation from, or in conjunction with, other Omneo Incentives.
Brands may choose to enable Reward extensions for certain reward types - in which case they can customise a time period and generate an email link to profile portal where customers can complete the extension.
When do Rewards get generated?
Flexible configuration means that Rewards can be triggered based on an event - like account creation, or automated based on a set of predetermined criteria - like a spend amount or generated manually by staff with "manager" or "admin" status.
Why employ Rewards?
Whether you want to recognise and reward employees or customers, Omneo’s self-service incentives engine means that the way you do so is entirely up to you. Typically Rewards are introduced as the first step in a broader onboarding, nurture, retention, and reactivation strategy. For those getting started, we recommend utilising one of our fantastic implementation partners to help you build out your incentive strategy.